The services provided by the Palliative Homecare service are:
• Medical and nursing care to provide relief to the young patient from the symptoms of the illness.
• Psychological and social support of the sick child as well as the other members of the family.
Benefits: Taking care of the child with a life-threatening illness in the child’s home has many advantages, such as:
• Better quality of life for the child or adolescent in the familiar environment of the home and close to his / her loved ones.
• Participation of parents in the care of their child, with appropriate guidance and support by the group of health professionals.
• Support of the extended family members (siblings, grandparents, classmates)
• The creation of a daily routine that provides dignity and the possibility of special moments throughout the course of the child’s illness, including the final stage, which greatly assists the family later in their bereavement.
Daily Cost: 40€ / child
Annual Cost: 14,600€ / child