ATHENSFriends of Merimna
Since 2004, they have organized a very successful annual Christmas Bazaar, with a remarkable assortment of gift items, at the Zappeion Megaron Hall.
• October 2005 – the celebration of Merimna’s 10th anniversary atThe Athens Concert Hall – Megaron.
• 2006 – the acquisition of the building where the offices of both Merimna and the Friends of Merimna are currently located. This purchase was accomplished in collaboration with the support of the Goody’s program “ArGOODaki”, the Stavros Niarchos Foundation, “Together for Children” and numerous private sponsors.
• 2008 – annually organize a hugely successful Furniture and Household Objects Bazaar (Garage Sale)
• 2013, in cooperation with Merimna, they held a special event at the Benaki Museum, to honor the sponsors who have supported the work of Friends of Merimna and Merimna throughout the years.
• 2014 – an annual Spring Picnic in the Hills of Kantza, for the young and old alike!
• 2015 –Celebration ofMerimna’s 20th anniversary at the Athens Megaron with a concert “200 Guitars” with EvangelosBoudounis & MaroRazi.
• 2016 – in cooperation with LAASA (Lady Ambassadors, Ambassador’s Spouses, Athens), the Friends of Merimna organized an International Food Festival at Moraitis School.
• 2016 – the internationally known pianist Vladimir Viardo performed a benefit piano recital, for the Friends of Merimna, at the Parnassos Literary Society.
• 2016 – Organized, with Merimna, the Photography Exhibition by GMB Akash, entitled “Why? – Children on the Move”. The exhibition, which took place at Benaki Museum, was inaugurated by the president of Greece, Mr. Pavlos Pavlopoulos.
• Additionally, since 2002, many theatrical performances, concerts and painting exhibitions have been held to support the work of Merimna.